The Breadman TR520 oven can bake 1, 1.5 or 2 kg of bread in its non-stick pan. It is not an expensive device, it is affordable and generally seems sufficient. We offer you an overview of its features, advantages and disadvantages.
Bradman TR520: List of functions
- 13-hour deadline.
- 3 shades of crust: light, medium or dark.
- 8 programs for making bread, dough or just for baking.
- An acoustic signal for adding fruit and nuts.
- The dimensions are 13.5 x 13.5 x 12 inches.
- Sandwiches are supported: 1, 1.5 and 2 pounds of bread.
- Baking tray with non-stick coating.
- Push-button control panel with digital display.
- Removable cover with viewing window
The control panel has white text on a yellow background!
On the outside the Bradman TR520 is made of white plastic. It has a keyboard with white text on a yellow background (hoo!), a digital display, eight program functions and a viewing window in a removable cover. There is a limited warranty of 2 years.
Operating the Breadman TR520 is simple. You can choose a bread size of 1 to 2 pounds that suits your favorite recipe. Choose the right crust colour: dark, medium or light. Choose from the eight bread/pastry options available: simple, quick, French, wholemeal, sweet, quick bread, just dough and baked goods.
The 13-hour timer provides additional basic functions. For example, you can set the timer to 13:00 for bread baked for breakfast or dinner. It is also equipped with an alarm signal for fruit and nuts that indicates when you can add extra ingredients to the bread dough.
- It’s a cheap bakery.
- The pan with non-stick coating is easy to clean.
- The 13-hour timer is very suitable for cooking with a delayed start.
- You can use the dough program to make your own pizza dough.
- This reduces the effort required to bake bread compared to manual baking.
- There is no pause button to stop the cycle.
- You cannot program your own baking program.
- A single kneading shovel leaves a hole in the bottom of the finished bread.
- While stirring, check for unmixed flour in the corners of the pot.
- You must take accurate measurements, otherwise the bread may not be correct.
- The control panel has white text on a yellow background, making it difficult to read.
The TR520 is equipped with a 2-pound bread pan with a single kneading shovel.
Bakers may never produce bread that can compete in taste and texture with bread baked by hand by artisans, but this is compensated by the fact that most bread is processed without your help. If you stir the dough by hand, you get a better texture than with a bread machine leaf, but most people don’t worry about that. The end result is often better than the sandwiches you can buy in the supermarket.
The Breadman TR520 Bakehouse does not offer any additional options, such as the possibility to program your own bread programme or a pause button, but it does have all the usual baking functions plus a timer function.
He’s a simple, cheap baker who does his job well. Too bad he’s got an ugly control panel. White text on a yellow background is not a good combination.
In the Amazon.com online store you can check prices, get answers to your questions or read what baker owners are saying about the Breadman TR520.
Other bread bakers
If you don’t like that particular Breadman breadmaker, why don’t you try another Breadman breadmaker?
You can read our Breadman TR2500BC overview. The baking chamber is equipped with a convection fan and a fruit and nut dispenser. There is even a gluten-free baking programme for making gluten-free sandwiches.
If you want a baking machine with a slot machine and two kneading knives, read our Breadman BK2000B overview.
Finally, there is also a bakery BK1050S 2 pounds. It has a removable kneading top and fourteen cooking functions (click here for an overview).
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.