The Zojirushi BB-PAC20, home baking virtuosos, can bake a 2 kg loaf of bread in their rectangular non-stick pan. There is a heating element in the baking chamber and a smaller heating element in the lid so that the bread can be baked and browned evenly.
Zojirushi BB-PAC20 newer than BB-CEC20 Home Bakery Supreme. The BB-PAC20 is upgraded with separate gluten-free equipment, top and bottom timer buttons, cancel button and heating cover. Their biggest disadvantage is the high price, but you get a bakery at the top of the pile.
Our report discusses the features, advantages and disadvantages of the Zojirushi BB-PAC20 Home Bakery Virtuoso.
Zojirushi BB-PAC20: Characteristics
- A 30-second tone for adding fruit, grapes or nuts.
- In the pan you get a traditional rectangular bread of 2 kg.
- When the baking process is complete, the bakery switches to heat preservation mode.
- Cancel button : Press once to cancel the setting, press and hold to cancel the current operation.
- Scab control button to select light, medium or dark crust.
- A series of cycle keys between the basic course cycles during editing.
- Gluten-free course for baking gluten-free bread with active dry yeast.
- Home button to select and edit 3 courses for the home memory.
- Supplied accessories : Graduated jug, spoon, bread baking instructions with recipes.
- The LCD display shows the clock, settings and remaining time.
- The lid has a large viewing window.
- Heating of the lid to tan the top crust and reduce irregularities during baking.
- For use with 120 volts, 60 Hz, alternating current.
- The resting cycle can be interrupted if the ingredients do not need to be heated.
- Select the Course button to choose a bread or dough program.
- Start button to start the route or to count down to the timer.
- Button to set the time for changing the clock, the timer and the cycle time of the homework.
- Timer setting knob with a time delay of 13 hours
- Double knife for an accurate test kneading.
Choose your course
Click on the Select course button to select one of the following pre-programmed courses for bread, jam, pie or dough preparation
1. Common base
2. Fast base
3. 3. Common wheat
4. Common wheat Rapid wheat
5. 5. Gluten free
6. Normal dough7. Solid pasta
8. Jam9. Cake 10. Sourdostarter
The usual dishes are recipes for bread or dough with active dry yeast. Quick meals are designed for quick bread or pasta recipes with fast-growing yeast.
Make many kinds of dough and roll.
The BB-PAC20 is the only zojirushi bakery that offers a free gluten-free dish. It has a powerful engine, double wings and a heavy construction. He can process gluten-free dough.
The instructions contain ten recipes for gluten-free bread with active dry yeast. Among the many recipes from the bakery, you will find some other gluten-free recipes on the Zojirushi website.
The gluten-free course consists of the following stages:
- Break (33 minutes)
- Kneading (17 minutes)
- Add beeps at the end of the 45 minutes.
- Elevator 1 (5 minutes)
- Lift 2 (down and up for 5 minutes)
- Lift 3 (lowering and lifting for 25 minutes)
- Baked goods (60 minutes)
- The last signal will be given at 2:25 in the morning.
- Warming up (60 minutes)
The Zojirushi BB-PAC20 switches to hot cooking mode within one hour after the cooking process is finished. It is best to press the cancel button and remove the bread. The crust of a loaf of bread can become hard and dark if it stays inside during the entire heating process. Don’t forget to use mittens when removing the frying pan, because it will be very hot.
Can it bake only 2 pounds of bread?
Two pounds is the maximum size of a loaf of bread. He can also bake 1.5 pounds of bread. For example, the manual contains the following 1.5 pound recipes:
- Plain white bread (1.5 pounds)
- Raisin bread (1.5 pounds)
- 100% wholemeal bread (1.5 pounds)
- 100% Wholemeal Apple Bread (1.5 pounds)
- Crispy French bread (1.5 pounds)
How to add fruit and nuts
The Zojirushi BB-PAC20 does not have a vending machine, which unfortunately is not very pleasant. What he has is a squeaker to add raisins and nuts. It sounds 30 seconds, about 5 minutes before the end of the kneading. The word ADD is displayed. Open the lid and add fruit, nuts or raisins to the dough. Avoid adding bulky or solid parts. Crush fruit and nuts into small pieces so as not to disturb the knives before kneading.
Most owners don’t miss the vending machine, except those who want to bake raisins or nut bread on a timer at night. If you are used to making raisin bread with a timer for breakfast, you should consider buying a bread maker that has a fruit and nut dispenser. Read our overview of bakery machines with automatic discharge and make your choice.
Zojirushi BB-PAC20 versus BB-CEC20
The basic design is similar, but the BB-PAC20 Home Bakery Virtuoso has been upgraded with a stove cover, a bridge button, a gluten-free runway and buttons for ascent and descent times. Owners say that a small heating element in the lid gives better control over the crust. The finished bread looks evenly browned at the top and bottom.
These small improvements come at a price: The BB-PAC20 is more expensive. However, the Zojirushi BB-PAC20 surpasses the BB-CEC20 Home Bakery Supreme (see overview) with a few steps and may cost you more.
- It has a program for gluten-free bread.
- The baking tray has two handles for easy handling.
- A traditional 2 pound bread is baked in the horizontal pan.
- Heating element in the lid for an even tanning of the upper crust.
- The two mixing paddles do a good job of mixing and kneading.
- During the rest of the cycle, the ingredients are heated, but you can switch them off if you wish.
- Homework class with programmable steps to rest, knead, shape, lift, cook and keep warm.
BB-PAC20: Impairment losses
- It is large and needs a lot of counter space.
- Two holes for an oar at the bottom of a finished loaf of bread.
- Sometimes the dough can rise unevenly, making the upper crust slightly higher on one side.
- No automatic ingredient dispenser, just a squeak to add fruit and nuts.
Zojirushi BB-PAC20 is better than BB-CEC20
The manual is good and covers topics such as parts, control panel buttons, measuring ingredients, cooking tips, setting the clock, using the timer, stopping the rest of the cycle, troubleshooting, cleaning and storing, and some questions and answers. It contains different recipes for each of the different dishes.
With its powerful motor, two kneading pads and a weight of 22 pounds, the BB-PAC20 can process 100% wholemeal bread without leaving the counter. When it comes to quality and reliability, you get what you pay for. It is a bread maker that can last for years if it is baked frequently. It is a medium- and long-term investment, not a short-term solution.
However, it’s not quite perfect. Thanks to the shape and the interaction of the two kneading sheets, the dough can rise slightly higher on one side. He can bake some bread. It has no effect on taste, so it’s just a small problem.
The Zojirushi BB-PAC20 can buy the best automatic bakery money can buy. The problem of uneven browning of the crust (in the BB-CEC20 bakery) was solved by adding a small heating element under the lid. This is an advanced device that, as you would expect from a breadmaker, costs more than $250 (buy it on Amazon.com).
P.S. You may also be interested in the new Zojirushi BB-PDC Virtuoso Plus, which has a larger screen and offers several additional course options. Read our overview of the BB-PDC20 Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus to see what it has to offer.
zojirushi bread maker virtuoso vs supreme,zojirushi bread maker recipes,zojirushi bread maker bb-pdc20,zojirushi bread maker – virtuoso plus,bread maker reviews,zojirushi home bakery virtuoso plus breadmaker,panasonic bread maker review,home bakery virtuoso® plus breadmaker bb-pdc20
Disclosure: We are a professional review company & our reviews are not biased towards any of the products we review. We test each product thoroughly and give marks to only the very best that is given by our author. We are very independently owned & the opinions expressed here are our own. However, if you purchase anything after clicking the links present in the articles then we get some commissions for it which help maintaining the websites expenses like servers, security etc.